- 12th : We held a special Service to commemorate the parish’s war dead. Watch our 2017 Armistice Day Service now.
- 7th : Professor Andrew Geddis kicked off our 2017 Caversham Lecture Series. Watch the video here.
- 22nd : Dr Steven Benford was installed as 10th Bishop of Dunedin. See the Otago Daily Times coverage of the service here
- 15th : Two of Saint Peter’s connections featured in the Otago Daily Times recently.
Archdeacon Neville Selwood was awarded France’s highest honour, the legion d’honneur (Legion of Honour). Read the ODT artile. And remember You can see the archdeacons’s recollections of his time in Bomber Command here in High Definition.
Archdeacon Bernard Wilkinson was awarded the first ever Mayoral Commendation Award by the Mayor of Waitaki. Read the ODT article.
- 15th : John Linker, Director of Music at the Transitional Cathedral in Christchurch, performed this year’s celebrity organ recital. And yes, you can see it in the photo. gallery.
- 11th : The election of our new Bishop was announced. Find out about our Bishop-elect here.
- : And a concert raised $$$ for good works. See the Sunday Serenade photo’s now.
- 17th : We appear as the ’Easter Message’ in the Otago Daily Times.
Additional photo’s of the Easter Service appear in our photo. gallery.
- 5th : The Woodhouse Memorial Window was installed in Saint Peter’s; See it in our photo. gallery.
- 5th : An SGM resolved to proceed with installation of the Woodhouse memorial window from Holy Cross into an existing window in the link.
- 31st : We hosted Archdeacon Neville Selwood and over 45 people heard him talk of his time with Bomber Command during WW2. Watch it here.
- 18th : The Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols attracted a large congregation.
- 16th : Removal of the memorial windows from Holy Cross began. Photo’s and video of the job are in the photo. gallery.
- 27th : Karsyn Rex Ludlow was baptised by Our Vicar, Father Hugh Bowron. We have photo’s of Karsyn’s baptism in the photo. gallery.
- 21st : Wet&Forget Dunedin performed complimentary moss treatment on part of the church building. See photographs and video of moss treatment in our photo. gallery.
- 30th : A Special General Meeting of parishioners voted unanimously to proceed with a proposal that some of the windows from Holy Cross St Kilda be resited at Saint Peter’s.
- 1st : Saint Peter's took a coach trip. See the photographs of our day trip to Teschemakers in the photo. gallery.
- 24th : The parish garage sale was held and raised around $1,000. See the pictures.
- 10th : A working bee in the parish grounds spruced them up for Spring.
- 9th : Director of Music, David Hoskins, performed on the organ of St Paul’s Catherdral in Dunedin. Find photographs of the recital in our photo. gallery.
- 17th : The choir of St Paul’s Cathedral visited to sing Evensong and Benediction – including the Magnificat and Nunc Dimitis in Church Slavonic. A video of this Choral treat is available on our Services page.
- 16th : George Chittenden performed an organ recital – one of his last Dunedin performances before leaving for a post in Sweden.
- 1st : A dangerous tree was removed from our Baker Street frontage.
- 24th : Another busy day. The parish AGM was held after the 10.30am Service and the Friends of the Opera presented an Anzac concert in the hall in the afternoon.
- 23rd : A day of intercession for the parish –beginning with a Requiem for Margery Palmer and ending with sung Evendong and Benediction – was held in parallell with an Autumn working bee to tidy the grounds.
- 16th - 24th: Vicar’s Warden Tubby Hopkins appears as one of the faces in a photo exhibition telling the story of South Dunedin through its people.
- 27th: The parish garage sale raised well over $1,000 for general funds. Look in our photo gallery for photo’s from the sale.
News and OpinionThe Pebble is published weekly, with details of the week’s services and other activities. The Rock is published each month and includes news and opinion from our parish and the wider Anglican community.
To access The Rock or The Pebble online, your computer needs an Adobe Acrobat Reader, which you can download from here.
The Rock and The Pebble open in this window. To return to this site, please use your browser’s back button.
The PebbleRead the current Pebble Read the previous Pebble or visit the archive for older Pebbles
Email The Editor of The Rock
Our Printed Heritage
During renovation of the vicarage, bound copies of Parish Magazines from past decades were rediscovered. We have commenced a project to digitise these and make them available on this web site.
Our online Printed Heritage pages have been introduced with digitised copies of Parish Magazines from December 1952 onward. We add further editions each month along with The Rock, so you get two magazines each month, one from this year and one from about half a century ago.
57 Baker Street, Caversham, Dunedin, New Zealand +64-3-455-3961 : or e-mail us