Formal applications for the position of Vicar of Saint Peter’s Caversham are now invited. Potential candidates should contact the Parish Nominators by emailing The Vicar’s Warden .
If you think you may like to be Our New Vicar, these pages are specially for you.
You will get a good idea of our parish life and habits from the main pages of this site, but there are things you - and your family! - will want to know before you decide you’d like to take us on. We hope you’ll find useful things here. For a start, we have pages on:
- The Church - is the building sound? Is there a decent organ? Does it offer the style and reverence you’d expect of a traditional Anglo-Catholic church?
- The Grounds - are there any? Is it good for gardeners? Can children be safe?
- The Vicarage - how big is it? Can a family live here without interfering with The Vicar’s business life? - Will all members of the family be happy here?
Two documents have been prepared for interested candidates. You can access them here:
- Saint Peter’s Parish Profile which describes Saint Peter’s as parishioners like it to be.
- A Vicar profile which describes the attributes Saint Peter’s parishioners would like to see in their new Vicar.
If you would like to make initial contact before submitting a formal application, you are welcome to email our Vicar’s Warden. Contacts will be held in strict confidence.
57 Baker Street, Caversham, Dunedin, New Zealand +64-3-455-3961 : or e-mail us