Applications are invited for the position of Vicar of Saint Peter’s Caversham and should include:
- details of training and qualifications appropriate to parish ministry
- a summary of relevant experience and liturgical background
- a statement of why you want to be our Vicar, what you have to offer the parish and hope to gain from the post.
Closing date is 30 April, 2021 (later than originally advertised).
Address applications to the Parish Nominators at57 Baker Street, Caversham, Dunedin, New Zealand
by email to The Vicar’s Warden (VicarsWarden@stpeterscaversham.org.nz).
If you think you may like to be Our New Vicar, these pages are specially for you.
You will get a good idea of our parish life and habits from the main pages of this site, but there are things you - and your family! - will want to know before you decide you’d like to take us on. We hope you’ll find useful things here. For a start, we have pages on:
- The Church - is the building sound? Is there a decent organ? Does it offer the style and reverence you’d expect of a traditional Anglo-Catholic church?
- The Grounds - are there any? Is it good for gardeners? Can children be safe?
- The Vicarage - how big is it? Can a family live here without interfering with The Vicar’s business life? - Will all members of the family be happy here?
Two documents have been prepared for interested candidates. You can access them here:
- Saint Peter’s Parish Profile which describes Saint Peter’s as parishioners like it to be
- A Vicar profile which describes the attributes Saint Peter’s parishioners would like to see in their new Vicar.
If you would like to make initial contact before submitting a formal application, you are welcome to email our Vicar’s Warden. Contacts will be held in strict confidence.
These web sites will give you some idea of the city and district in which we live.
- Dunedin City highlights
- Our daily newspaper – the first in the country and still in publication
- Otago Museum– The major regional general museum
- Otago Settlers Museum A museum of local history and settlement
- University of Otago – a world-ranked research and teaching university
- Otago Polytechnic – trades and vocational training centre
- Diocese of Dunedin – our diocese
- Candidate information
- The Church
- The Grounds
- The Vicarage
- Parish profile
- Vicar profile
- Search status pages
57 Baker Street, Caversham, Dunedin, New Zealand +64-3-455-3961 : or e-mail us